Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Eric Goldberg Notes


.

I got these from Tim Hodge. Thanks alot, Tim. If you remember, Keith posted some thoughts on timing a little while ago and Tim found the notes that he was referring to in his comment. I offered to post them here, so here they are. Yes, I understand that these are traditional notes (notice how I didn't say "2D?") but there is still a lot to be learned from what these guys had to say. For instance, in the CG world, we (at least I) try to set up my keys so that the computer can understand it, but there are some instances when the only way to get it to work is to leave less for the computer. The idea of thinking like a comic strip artist was really appealing to me since that was my first love. I suggest that every animator should have at least one Calvin and Hobbes book in their collection. Just like comic artists, if we were a little more conservative with keeping the fluff out and being direct to the point, a lot of frustration would be eliminated. Be clear and play to those strong drawings. Anyway, thanks again, Tim and I really hope that you all enjoy this stuff. It really gave me a different perspective. Oh, and thanks to everyone for their feedback on my little ol' bee. As soon as I get back to work on it, I'll bee *snicker snicker* looking at it differently.
-d

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger bschulz said...

i think i have theses same notes from EG...it's almost like a book of notes theres so many pages. It's almost overwhelming!? Last i heard he was gonna write an actual book..which of course would rule!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Drew said...

definitely. it would be great to have a different perspective to read about. richard williams is amazing, but the more the merrier.
-d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home