Thursday, January 12, 2006

Well this was Unexpected...

Well, good news. This isn't animation related, but I hope you all will allow me a little time to beam with pride. I know I've let some of you know already, but here's the official announcement. My lovely wife is pregnant. We should be welcoming a wriggling little kid (not sure what kind yet) into the world in late July. The thing that scares me is that I didn't have to pass a test or anything. I never got a license or a certificate or anything. We're just pregnant, that's all.

We're super excited, she's sick and I'm worried about a job (as usual) but we're trusting that all is going to work out.

Proud father-to-be,
-drew

7 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Brenton said...

CONGRATS!

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will claim that inseminating your wife is a form of practicing medicine without a license and should only be done by a licensed professional. Then they'll want to teach all Dads-to-be some completely irrelevant information about the innerworkings of an industrial blender before they can be licensed to father children. And you can be happy that you didn't have to go through the bureaucratic BS, although you could always go back and get your license if it made you feel better. =D

Cheers man!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Dan said...

Congratulations! Don't worry about licenses and all that stuff, just enjoy the bundle of joy that you're bringing into the world! :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger _Shane said...

Congrats!! My wife and I had a baby this year and although it's a scary prospect to be responsible for the life of a child its more than rewarding and I'm sure you'll find more meaning in many of the things you do. I know I do. :0)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Drew said...

yea it's going to be an adventure, but we're both very excited. it's just amazing the way God works. if it was up to me, i'd be out of school, in a steady job and we'd be "ready." i am convinced that there's no such thing as "ready." it's just how you handle it when it happens.

-drew

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger bschulz said...

congrats to you and your wife Drew! Cool news!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi Drew!
Liz told me there were pictures posted here : )
It was great to catch up with her the other night and hear about all your new adventures. I will be keeping all three of you in prayer and look forward to pictures after the baby is born!

grace,
Susan

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi Drew!
Liz told me there were pictures posted here : )
It was great to catch up with her the other night and hear about all your new adventures. I will be keeping all three of you in prayer and look forward to pictures after the baby is born!

grace,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home