Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What!? Now I'm a Flasher!?


Well, one of the required classes here at school is a Flash class. Now I don't think I'd really have a problem with this if I wasn't three months away from graduation and still wanting to just animate. But what I really want to do is animate. I don't want to get bogged down with technical crap. So instead of learning an entirely new interface and workflow for setting keys and whatnot, I decided to give the good ol' Vector renderer a shot. So all I had to do was concentrate on animation and then tweaking a couple of settings in the render globals menu. Now as you can see, I kept it simple and used a very simple setup. The ball is even from someone else. Check out this site for more info about cool rigs and setups.

Anyway, the point that I rapidly digress from is this: Don't let software get in the way of learning animation. I'm not that technically savvy (blanket understatement of the year) but I know what I want to do as a career and I work very hard not to let anything get in the way of that.

ps. This quick little exercise was inspired by Keith's last VTS. Just want to give credit where it's due.

-drew

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger bschulz said...

coooooool!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger I ROCK!!!!! said...

Cool check out my blog it is called NIGHTSTAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home