Friday, February 10, 2006

Finally, A Full-Color Render!!!!


While some would argue that I should be working on the actual animation of this film, there is also something to be said for having a product that is not laboriously tedious to watch. Hopefully the work I've done in the last couple of weeks has been worth it. No more Maya gray. The trained eye will notice that all I am using to light the scene is the default Final Gather setting in Mental Ray. I'll have to wait for another boring day in one of my superfluous classes to do the final lighting and get into the UV editor to work out those pesky problems with the bump map on the tree.

I've also spent the time working out some issues with the rig and finishing a scene. I am posting a playblast of that scene as well right here. It is a little out of context, but I think it's one of the more successful scenes so far. It is the moment of confrontation. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

-Drew

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger robh said...

you asked about gesture, it usually takes a few sketches to get the understanding of what the pose is really about.
Robh

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Drew said...

so true. thanks robh. there are too many times that i feel like i have to hit it out of the park on the first try. the only thing this accomplishes is depression and the feeling that you're never going to get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home