Thursday, February 16, 2006

With a Little Help from My Friends Part 2

Like I've said before, I don't do shaders. Not well anyway. I don't have an understanding of that. I don't have an interest in them at all. I like animation. But also as an artist, I don't like things to look like whipped dog turds in a blender. So part of completing a project successfully is to realize what your strengths are and to realize the strengths of those around you. My friend Vern has a pretty good understanding of how shaders work and with some help from him, he completely tore apart my scene, rebuilt it and... voila! I'm posting both versions side by side to showcase the difference in our approach. I know that this is supposed to be an animation blog with helpful tips on stuff. But knowing that you don't have to do it all to be successful is a valuable piece of info.
Mine...
Vern's...
Incidentally, I do know a little about shaders and was able to make some changes when he was done. Enjoy.

-Drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home